2010-03-15: Network to present at "Getting The e-Word OUT" in Chicago on 2/8
Getting The e-Word OUT
Using Social Media To Reach The LGBT Community
Monday February 8, 2010 2:00 – 5:00 PM
Chicago Department of Health
333 South State Street, 2nd Floor Boardroom, Chicago, IL 60626
Facebook • Twitter • Myspace • Youtube • Ning • Blog • Tweet
Social Media is all the talk these days...could it improve your program?
Who Should Attend?
• Program managers
• Agency directors
• Study coordinators
• Public information staff
• LGBT community organizations
• Interested community members
What the Symposium Will Cover:
• How do you plan for and implement a social media component in a program?
• What about outside talent? What about costs?
• Is there a difference between the tools?
• What media do my clients subscribe to?
• What have others done?
• Gustavo Torrez, Program Manager, National LGBT Tobacco Control Network
• Gordon Mayer, Vice President, Community Media Workshop, Columbia College
• Christine Cupaiuolo, Social Media Consultant
• Lovette Ajayi, The Red Pump Project for HIV Awareness
• Jim Pickett, Director of Advocacy AIDS Foundation of Chicago & founder of LifeLube site/blog for Gay Men’s Health
• Simone Koehlinger, Director, Office of LGBT Health, Chicago Department of Public Health
• 1:30 – Registration Opens
• 2:00 – 2:20 PM Introductions & Welcome – Pamela McCann
• 2:20 – 2:35 Keynote Address – Gustavo Torrez, Program Manager, National LGBT Tobacco Control Network
• 2:30 – 3:30 PM Panel Presentation on Social Media Tools and Strategies, moderated by Gordon Mayer
• 3:30 – 4:00 PM Case Studies:
~Strategies for a Nation-wide Smoking Cessation Initiative – Gustavo Torrez
~Developing Content for a Collaborative Website – Simone Koehlinger
• 4:00 – 5:00 Participant Discussion & Presenters’ Closing Remarks
• Office of LGBT Health & Office of Substance Abuse and Tobacco Control Programs, Chicago Department of Public Health
• National LGBT Tobacco Control Network
To Pre-Register for this symposium send your name and organization to firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting the e-Word OUT symposium will help agencies and organizations serving the LGBT community understand how to plan, staff and fund social media tools for programs. Not a technical discussion, but a symposium on how organizations can get results using social media.
Individuals with technical skills will improve their business planning skills, those with no technical skills will find out what skills they will need to recruit.
The symposium begins with a panel discussion on best strategies to develop social media components for programs followed by actual case study presentations. Attendees then get to participate - asking questions, talking about their experiences and discussing the information presented.
For those who always thought they ought to be in pictures, know that the National LGBT Tobacco Control Network will video tape the entire symposium for netcast as part of the Network's soon to be released national training program on social media. So be sure to dress for stardom!!
Send any questions or for further information, please contact : Pamela McCann, email@example.com, 312-745-1214
Getting The e-Word OUT is a production of the Office of LGBT Health and the Office of Substance Abuse and Tobacco Control Programs at the Chicago Department of Public Health in collaboration with the National LGBT Tobacco Control Network
Please feel free to distribute! For promotional flyer please visit: http://tinyurl.com/yc8a5jf.